Tell us what ‘create belonging’ means to you in 25 words or less, and go into the draw to win one of ten ‘Create Belonging’ prize packs
Neighbours Every Day
Neighbours Every Day (NED) is Relationships Australia’s social connection campaign promoting the benefits of social connection and building capacity for all to make and maintain respectful relationships.
Over more than 20 years, Neighbour Day (our annual call to action day) has progressed from a reminder to connect with elderly neighbours to a celebration of respectful relationships and strong communities.
During the COVID pandemic, the need for each of us to have strong social support networks has never been more apparent. So too, has been the strength and resilience we draw from others when we ‘belong’.
We can all work to create belonging: for ourselves, for our families, and for our neighbours.
We can do this by focusing on inclusion and connection, making others welcome, and by building respectful relationships with those around us.
The Neighbours Every Day campaign provides simple, practical tools to create belonging, each and every day of the year.
This competition has now closed for entries.
- Entries must be a maximum of 25 words, or less. Entries which exceed this limit will not go into the draw to win a prize pack.
- Wording must be a description of “what ‘create belonging’ means to you.” Only respectful descriptions will go into the draw for a prize.
- Entries open 1 September 2023 and close at 12MN on Sunday 1 October 2023.
- Entry to this competition is open to people 18 years and over, currently residing in Australia.
- Entries must be the original words of the participant.
- Entries must contain the entrant’s name, email, and phone contact details.
Relationships Australia will delete these contact details once the competition has been completed.
- All entries must be submitted via the Neighbours Every Day website.
- In submitting an entry to the competition, entrants grant Relationships Australia – as the home of Neighbours Every Day – the right to publish the entrant’s words about what ‘create belonging’ means to you, on the Neighbours Every Day website, associated social media accounts and other publishing or broadcast mediums, at its discretion.
- Winners will be chosen by an online random selection app and no correspondence regarding the outcome will be entered into.
- A Neighbours Every Day ‘Create Belonging’ Pack will be awarded each of the 10 winning entries.
- This competition is not open to Relationships Australia staff, nor their immediate families.
Important notice for winners:
- Competition winners will be contacted by Relationships Australia via email on Tuesday, 3 October 2023.
- Winners will be requested to provide their postal address for the ‘Create Belonging’ prize pack to be posted.
- To claim their prize and ensure delivery as soon as possible, winners will have until 9am Thursday, 5 October to respond to that email.
- Relationships Australia is unable to follow up with winners should you not respond in time with your postal address.
“I try not to take for granted the comfort provided by so many familiar faces, the regular kerbside greetings and spontaneous gatherings that enrich each of our lives in our neighbourhood.”
TUYS 2021 Allan ACT Winner
“I was lonely, not feeling myself and decided to reach out. A small gesture had a huge impact on each of our mental health – and you could see the relief and joy each woman felt as they returned to their homes afterwards with their heads held high, and shoulders less slumped.”
TUYS 2021 Maria VIC Winner